Early College High School
Gladys Porter ECHS
Maria E. Solis
Dr. Orfa Blanco
College Readiness Counselor ECHS/DE
- BENCHMARK 1: Target Population
- BENCHMARK 2: Partnership Agreement
- BENCHMARK 3: P-16 Leadership Initiatives
- BENCHMARK 4: Curriculum and Support
- BENCHMARK 5: Academic Rigor and Readiness
- BENCHMARK 6: School Design
BENCHMARK 1: Target Population
BENCHMARK 2: Partnership Agreement
BENCHMARK 3: P-16 Leadership Initiatives
BENCHMARK 4: Curriculum and Support
BENCHMARK 5: Academic Rigor and Readiness
BENCHMARK 6: School Design
What is an early college high school?
Early College High Schools are innovative high schools that allow students least likely to attend college an opportunity to earn a high school diploma and 60 college credit hours. Early College High Schools:
- Provide dual credit at no cost to students
- Offer rigorous instruction and accelerated courses
- Provide academic and social support services to help students succeed
- Increase college readiness, and
- Reduce barriers to college access.
TEA Link to ECHS Information
Is the Early College High School Model Successful?
The Early College model is gaining national attention due to its success in raising high school graduation and college retention rates for students at risk of not graduating. The program provides student support systems, including tutoring, counseling, and mentoring while reducing barriers to college for students who might not otherwise achieve post-secondary success.